OnePlus rolls out Oxygen OS 4.1.7 update for OnePlus 3/3T-Will also get Android Oreo Update
Oneplus started pushing out the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 4.1.7 OTA for the OnePlus 3/3T. Here are some of the highlights of this build:
- Enhanced system fluidity
- Battery optimizations
- Android security patch updated to August
- Sound channel error while recording videos
- Call is routed to speaker accidentally by some 3rd party apps
- Rendering issue in Indian Kannada language
- App locker issue caused by some 3rd party apps
- As per Google, Hangouts will be removed if you have never updated it on Play Store. To keep Hangouts, please update it prior to the upgrade
Carl Pei, OnePlus Co-Founder tweeted confirming that the Oxygen OS 4.1.7 update for the OnePlus 3, 3T does indeed bring with it touch latency improvements.
As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and will begin a broader roll out in a few days. Thus, It may take some time for the OTA update to land on your smartphone. You can also manually search for the update by heading over to settings on your phone.
OnePlus recently confirmed that Android 8.0 Oreo will be the last major OS update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. Even with the Android O update, the OnePlus 3T will receive just over one year of support. The open beta program for both smartphones will also end once they are updated to Android 8.
OnePlus recently also confirmed that the company will push Oxygen OS 4.5 to the OnePlus 3/3T a month or two after the August security update goes live. So expect the 4.5 update to land sometime in October. OnePlus of late released the OnePlus 5 which comes with a Snapdragon 835 processor, 6/8GB of RAM, a 5.5-inch FullHD display, 64/128GB of internal storage and a dual camera setup at the rear.